Monday, February 15, 2010

Notting Hill Review

Movie Title: Notting Hill
Starring: Julia Roberts, Hugh Grant
Rating: PG-13 - sexual content and brief strong language. (F bomb a few times)

Year: 1999
Review:
Okay, so I know this movie is pretty old now but as stated I will be reviewing all movies I watch, not just the new ones. Notting Hill came out during a time in my life when watching a chick flick movie about Hugh Grant was the last thing I wanted to do, however I sucked it up and watched it. Cried like a baby the first time. LOL

Anyway to the review: The acting was incrediable, although pretending to be a huge star was obviously way out of reality for someone like Julia Roberts, and even though he had a smaller part, Spike, the crazy welsh room mate stole the show with some of the best one lines. Hugh Grant was his usual rambling self, which we hate but can't help adoring and the storyline was flawless. This movie is now one of my favorites. I have mentioned that real life type movies are not something I love but just for the record I don't consider this one even remotely close to real life, if I did Christian Bale would leave his beautiful wife and come to my town, bump into me at Walmart and we'd live Happily Ever After....not even remotely likely. It does however show A list movie celebraties in a way we don't usual think of them.

Meeting famous people is like a child at Christmas so we tend to forget they have normal lives just like us, when they are hungry they eat, thristy they drink and when their lives are ripped apart by seperating, divorce and cheating partners...the only difference is that they can not suffer in private...the entire world watches them. I really like this movie for many reasons, yet I believe the real message is everyone deserves to be happy and just because someone appears to be in a perfect life, appearances can be decieving.

Obviously from my rantings I would not suggest this movie to a Sci-Fi, action movie buff. However if you need a feel good romantic, comedy this is for you. Great date night movie or just for a time when you feel like a good laugh.

Hope this review helps. Thank you for reading,
Alison
Movie Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment