Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When In Rome - Review

As my BFF Laycie can vouch, I am not one to watch movies based on real life. It's not that I don't appreciate the achievements people have done I just think life is hard already without watching a movie about it. That being said this movie review is about a semi-real life story.

Movie Title: When In Rome
Starring: Kristen Bell, Jon Heder, Josh Duhamel, Dax Shepard and Danny DeVito.
Rating: PG-13 - some suggestive content

Year: 2010
Review:
Seeing the preview of this movie I instantly knew it would be funny, however once the movie began in the dark theatre I started to worry that all the funny parts had already been seen...like so many great movies, in the trailer. I need not have worried. The movie was funny through out and even threw in some wild antics I never saw coming. About 10 minutes to the end of the movie I did predict the finale but seeing as many movies I do you can't really help it sometimes and I still throughly enjoyed watching it play out on screen.

The main character Kristen plays Beth a workaholic who got dumped a year before, although I don't remember ever seeing Kristen in another movie she did a great job and the lead guy Josh was also great at playing the player/lover interest of the group. I mentioned above that this was a semi-real life movie and by that I mean the basic message of the movie to me was simply, if you never take a chance then you'll never know. The story, although enhanced with the magic and crazy obessesion the guys go through, keeps to the simple truth of without risk there is no reward and we take the journey of truth with Kristen/Beth as she takes the risk with meaningful, humorous and slightly sad results.

If you are in the mood for a die hard, blow up type flick this movie may not be for you, however if you have a slightly mushy side or want a great date movie to take someone too this would be a winner.

Thank you for reading
Alison
Be The Miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment