Thursday, August 27, 2009

Goal: Day Five

Pages written: 101
Pages proof read: 14
Pages to go: 199
Days remaining: 128 days

Today I was able to work on my book, much to my delight, and think I was able to make some great progress. Today I was reminded that feed back, whether good or bad can't be taken personally. Proof reading something that I put my heart and soul into I admit it is sometimes hard to be objective. We all have the same fear of rejection, and sometimes that rejection comes across while proof reading. I'm certainn that everyone has felt this way at some point in their life, when something they love either is not the right timing, the love is not returned or the love just lets you down. Sometimes when proof reading I feel a sense of unrequited love, a love that can never be returned, a love for my work which is so blind that my proof reading is almost pointless and I strive to see every possible reason to keep something that just doesn't fit. The movie playing in my head looks amazing, transferring the images from my head to the paper/word pad in this case should not honestly be that difficult....regrettably life does not always go according to what you want.

I am glad to say that all the feedback and comments I have had so far regarding my first book have given me the opportunity to adjust my sequel before it shows the same faults. Regrettably as i mentioned above, me proof reading my own book may not be the best idea, as I hold on so very tightly to things that I know could be made better. Thought for the night:

Stubborness + heart/soul in book = proof reading diseaster....
Let's hope I can fight my way passed my stubborness and release my grip on my book just enough so it can be AMAZING!!

Alison
THFEC

No comments:

Post a Comment