Saturday, August 22, 2009

Goal: Day One

101 pages to proof read, 199 pages to go... and today I am sorry to say saw no working on my project AT ALL!!!

Being a parent, wife and having other distractions can be a huge, annoying drawback but I use all experiances in my life as inspiration for my book, or others that come to mind. It can be hard to find the motivation, determination and time to write any amount of text for a book, so you can really only do as much as you can each time you look at it....not forgetting those moments when you simply need to take a break from it. Even people, like me, who can think about nothing but writing every minute of every day need to take a break sometimes and though breaks are good, be sure to limit them so you can still be productive and keep on task.

Writing means a lot to me, yet nothing compares to the feeling I had this passed Thursday, August 20th when I officially became a US Citizen. I'm originally from England and moved here to the USA over 7 years ago. Honestly it was this huge distraction which caused my lack of project work today, since I was planning my PARTY which happens tomorrow. Being a writer its strange to have problems trying to find the words of the pride, excitement and other mixed emotions I have about being citizen. I've wanted this for as long as I can remember and now that it has happened my joy is epic. I won't start everyone yawning by telling you my struggles to this point but as mentioned above I use all my experiences for my writing.

From a project point of view, no work on the first day is not a good sign but I have a great feeling that this goal will be acheived and my sequel will be Amazing. *fingers crossed*

Look out for more blogs as I try to keep you updated each day.

THFEC
Alison
Blog Creator
(THFEC - Thank Heaven For Edward Cullen)

No comments:

Post a Comment