Friday, August 7, 2009

TwiCon 2009

Hello again Twilighters/Fantasy fans,

We got back from TwiCon on Sunday, August 2nd and I have to say what a great time we had. Being the lucky ones that we are my BFF Laycie and I were able to meet several cast members, including the sexy Dr. Cullen and each one was amazing & down to earth. Dr. Carisle Cullen - Peter to most people has to be one of the funniest guys I have ever met. During the Q & A session he described how he taught himself to sew so that the scene in New Moon when he fixes Bella's arm it appears real. He decided, in all his wisdom, to use chicken and upon showing Bella - Kristen his handy work, she said 'I would never let you sew me up'. Also Jasper Hale - Jackson and Peter couldn't resist teasing each other the entire time a question was asked to either of them.

For me the entire convention was AMAZING! A little disorganized but hey its was their first time, so we expected it. The break out session were AWESOME. I attended Bella's Self Defense & A Dancing Lesson, where I learned a 1500's style dance..very cool. Being a writer all the creative writing sessions were important to me, particularly the How to Get your book published one. However I have to say that the Ultimate Highlight of the Convention was Friday, July 31st when I got to attend my very first concert EVER! I know at 28 its hard to believe I've never been to a concert before but sadly it is true. The Mitch Hansen Band was my first, closly followed that night by the 100 Monkeys, where we got to see Jackson perform. Both performances blew my away and I purchased each CD as soon as I could. Mitch and Jackson are both such talented people that it was one of the best days of my life and I would recommend their music to everyone.

If anyone would like more detailed information on any of the sessions I attended please let me know and I would be happy to post more information for you. To see my TwiCon pictures please see my facebook account under the name Alison Pliley.

Look forward to hearing from you
Alison P
Blog Creator

No comments:

Post a Comment